NOTE to RETURNING STUDENTS: Due to an update to the CCSNH database, all returning students with an ID# beginning with the @ sign have been assigned new ID#s beginning with the letter A. You must re-enroll in the student choice refund system using your new ID Number.  If you do not know the number, please contact the or

NEW! Student Choice Refunds - Sign up for Electronic Refunds: Now students can receive their refunds in 1-2 business days by signing up for Direct Deposit if money is due back to you. TO REGISTER TO RECEIVE YOUR REFUND, log into your SIS account myWMCC here, click on Student Tab, Student Account, Sign up for electronic refunds and click on Sign up for electronic Refund.  Click on SIGN UP FOR ELECTRONIC REFUNDS NOW.  On the Message Board page please select:  Student Choice Refunds from the menu on the left hand side.  Click on Manage My Student Choice Refunds Account. Click on Enroll and select which method you prefer and fill in the necessary information. If you are due a refund, the refund will be processed by the method you have selected.  Nelnet Business Solutions will notify you by your student email account as to the progress of your refund.

The staff of the Business Office is available to provide payment related administrative support in planning for your tuition expenses. Students are expected to verify information provided to them on their View Account Detail page in their online student account here.

Student Accounts are evaluated and refunds are processed on a regular basis according to the policies outlined below:

  1. Financial Aid Refunds:  The College is federally mandated to process refunds within 14 days of disbursement of all Title IV Federal Financial Aid programs.
  2. Credit balances from credit or debit card payments will be refunded back to the original payment card within six months of the payment. Otherwise a refund will be processed to you via the method you have specified.  If you have not selected direct deposit, a check will be generated and mailed to your address on file in the WMCC Student Information System database.
  3. Refunds from scholarships will be processed when requested by the student in writing or by email to

Please Note:

  • Single semester loans will have two disbursements; please plan accordingly.
  • Some financial aid programs may not be disbursed until well into the semester, especially for first-time students; please plan accordingly.
  • Credit balances from financial aid cannot be held from one academic year to another. All outstanding financial aid credit balances will be refunded to the student.
  • Regardless of who remitted the payment to the student account, the refund will be made payable to the student, except for credit balances produced by a *PLUS loan and certain scholarships and trusts.  *Parents have the election to have any excess funds refunded to the student but would have to choose that election during the financial aid process.
  • Some types of aid can only be used to pay for certain types of charges.  Therefore, you could receive a refund even if you have outstanding charges on your student account from the current term or previous terms.  You are responsible for paying the balance on your account, if one remains, even after you receive a financial aid refund.
  • A student who has received a refund based on financial aid and later changes enrollment status may be required to repay all or part of the aid received to the college or to the appropriate federal or state aid programs. Students receiving federal aid, other than Federal Work-study funds, who withdraw, change enrollment status (increase or decrease credit hours taken), or are reported for non-attendance, will have federal aid adjusted in accordance with formulas prescribed by the Federal Title IV Program.