Environment issues and concerns about safe drinking water and treating wastewater is a global phenomenon, and water and wastewater treatment plant operators continue to be in high demand. The 18-credit online certificate in Water Quality Technology is meeting this important municipal need.
Environmental issues and concerns continue to receive significant attention in our country and abroad. As countries, states, municipalities, and industries strive to meet regulations regarding clean water, wastewater and water treatment plant operators continue to be in demand. The Water Quality Technology program offers an environmentally oriented certificate program that can be taken as an online/independent study course for the certificate or applied towards an Associate Degree in Interdisciplinary Studies.
Program only available online.
|WWT111W||Wastewater Treatment I||Online||3|
|WWT113W||Mechanical Maintenance and Pumps||Online||3|
|WWT114W||Water & Wastewater Math||Self-directed||3|
|WWT211W||Water Treatment I||Online||3|
|Total for Certificate||18|
Upon successful completion of this program, graduates will be prepared to:
- Sit for the Grade I NH Drinking Water Treatment and Wastewater Treatment
Operators Certification Exams.
- Pass a Grade I state certification exam for water operators.
- Pass a Grade I state certification exam for wastewater operators.
- Perform basic laboratory procedures in a treatment facility.
- Perform basic maintenance procedures in a treatment facility.
- Perform basic process control calculations for proper operation.
- Evaluate data to insure compliance with state and federal regulations.
- Troubleshoot and correct problems in laboratory, maintenance, and process.
- Perform all duties in a safe, legal, and ethical manner.
- Obtain entry-level positions in water and wastewater treatment facilities.