The WMCC Financial Aid Office staff recognizes that education is an investment in your future. We are committed to working with you to identify and secure all eligible funding so that you can achieve your educational goals.
What is financial aid?
Financial aid is money for direct and indirect college expenses. This money comes in four forms:
- Grants - which DO NOT have to be repaid
- Scholarships - which DO NOT have to be repaid
- Loans - which DO have to be repaid
- Work Study - which is money the student is awarded but must get an approved job in order to earn
To be awarded financial aid you must:
- Complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid).
- Demonstrate financial need as determined by federal or state guidelines.
- Submit any additional documentation the college may request.
- Be matriculated (formally accepted) into a financial-aid eligible program (16 credits or more).
- Be enrolled in a minimum of six (6) credits per semester to receive federal loan funds.
- Maintain satisfactory academic progress.
- Reapply for financial aid each academic year.
Monday 8:00 a.m. - 6:30 p.m.
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
800-445-4525, ext. 3041