Student Financial Services
The staff of the Student Financial Services Office recognize that education is an investment in your future. We are committed to working with you to identify and secure all eligible funding so you can achieve your education goals.
White Mountains Community College (WMCC) and the New Hampshire Higher Education Assistance Foundation (NHHEAF) Center for College Planning work together to provide students the support they need to complete and/or renew their FAFSA.
A few things you should know about financial aid:
- You must apply for financial aid each academic year.
- You must be matriculated (formally accepted) into a financial aid eligible program (16 credits or more).
- You must be enrolled in a minimum of six (6) credits per semester to receive federal loans funds.
- ALL matriculated students may be eligible for some type of federal aid.
- The preferred deadline to apply for financial aid is May 1, 2023 for the Academic year of June 2023 – May 2024.
- If you have questions, please contact Jessica Hill, Assistant Financial Aid Director at 603-342-3041 or [email protected] if you have any questions.
How to Apply for Financial Aid
The 2023-2024 Financial Aid Year runs from June 2023-May 2024
If you will be attending Summer 2023, Fall 2023, or Spring 2024, then you will need to complete the 2023-2024 FAFSA. The 2023-2024 FAFSA is now available to complete.
Click the following link for an online FAFSA Tutorial.
Complete your Financial Aid Application using the following steps:
- Create an FSA ID here. The FSA ID serves as your electronic signature. You will need to remember your FSA ID for future use.
- Complete the FAFSA here.
The White Mountains Community College school code is 005291
- Your Student Aid Report (SAR), which is a record of the information you submitted on the FAFSA, should arrive via email approximately one week after the date your FAFSA was filed online. If you do not receive your SAR, call 1-800-433-3243. This report is for your records only, as WMCC will receive a copy electronically.
- Review your SAR for any incorrect information. Corrections can be made by logging into your FAFSA.
- The Financial Aid Office will contact you via mail or email IF additional information is required after your FAFSA is received.
- Note: If additional information is requested, your financial aid cannot be determined until that information is received and processed. Therefore, please submit any required information as soon as possible.
- You must be accepted into an eligible certificate or degree program prior to being awarded financial aid. You should receive an award letter which lists your estimated financial aid approximately three to four weeks after you are accepted into an eligible certificate or degree program AND after your SAR information is received at WMCC. If you complete your FAFSA before mid-April, you will not receive your award letter until the end of May or three to four weeks after you have submitted all required documentation.
- If you elected to accept Stafford loans for the first time then you must complete Loan Entrance Counseling and Master Promissory Note.
Additional Notes of Interest:
- Refunds are usually not available until approximately 45 days into the semester.
3 Barrell Court
Concord, NH 03301
cost per credit