Admit it: You love the rumbling roar of a strong diesel engine and have a passion about working on heavy duty equipment and machinery.
Our certificate program prepares students to diagnose and service diesel powered trucks and off-highway equipment, training future technicians how to analyze and repair diesel engines, transmissions, hydraulics, and all other related operating and controlling systems.
Program available in Berlin.
|DSL111W||Introduction to Diesel Heavy Equipment Technology||2||0||2|
|DSL113W||Heavy Duty Electrical Systems||3||3||4|
|DSL211W||Heavy-Duty Power Trains||3||3||4|
|DSL214W||Mobile Equipment Welding||1||4||3|
|DSL115W||Diesel Power Systems||3||3||4|
|DSL117W||Fuel & Emission and Systems||3||3||4|
|DSL227W||Heavy-Duty Chassis Brake & Climate Control Systems||4||3||5|
|Totals for Certificate||29|
Upon successful completion of this program, graduates will be prepared to:
- Diagnose and repair:
• Hydraulic systems and components,
• Power shift transmission and driveline components,
• Manual transmission and driveline components,
• Engine mechanical components,
• Fuel system components,
• Electrical system components,
• Brake system components,
• Undercarriage components,
• Air conditioning and heating components, and
• Steering and chassis components.
- Demonstrate basic welding and cutting procedures.
- Demonstrate safe shop practices and procedures.