BetterMynd – Free Virtual Counseling Service
WMCC is partnered with BetterMynd, an online therapy platform, to offer students access to free 1-1 teletherapy counseling sessions over Zoom from a diverse network of licensed mental health counselors. Beyond teletherapy sessions, BetterMynd provides workshops and resources which are important to understanding and improving mental health.
- Remote appointments (Zoom) anywhere that’s safe and comfortable for you.
- Login using any device with internet (phone, tablet, laptop).
- Available days, evenings and weekends and over school breaks.
- Ability to select your counselor based on demographics, identities, lived experiences, and specialties.
Some common reasons for seeking mental health support include:
- Feeling consistently low or sad
- Persistent anxiety
- Handling a breakup
- Loss of a loved one
- Past or current experiences of trauma or abuse
- Academic pressures and performance
- Housing or roommate tension
- Challenges with family members or at home
- Experiencing discrimination related to your race, weight, religion, immigration status, gender, sexual orientation, or disability (not comprehensive)
Many students face barriers to seeking mental health help, including:
- Harmful stigmas, prejudices, and discrimination surrounding mental health.
- The cost of mental health care and insurance.
- Structural barriers like transportation, stable internet access, childcare and privacy.
It only takes 5 minutes to register, select a counselor, and book your first session.
WMCC students can use  FREE 50-minute teletherapy sessions.
Two easy ways to register:
WMCC ON-CAMPUS COUNSELING RESOURCE:
In addition to BetterMynd, on-campus counseling services are available to prevent or manage emotional responses such as stress, anxiety, and depression. Services are available at the Berlin campus and Littleton Academic Center. For more information please contact:
Jeff Swayze, WMCC College Counselor
603-342-3058, Berlin Campus: Office 127.